Monday, April 18, 2011

My sweet garden of shame, blame and anything else you can name

you say my eyes
they mesmerize
but you fail to see
the lies that lie
in the deep dark depths of the black
to never come back
the endless pit
in which all hope is lost
frosted over with a hand drawn smile
was this really worth your while?
there’s no cherry on top
can’t you just

STOP

i’m not your dream
this dessert’s missing the whipped cream
still you scream out to me
but even i hold out on me
never to see what’s really there
like i care
you don’t know what i do
how i think or feel
you don’t have a clue
of what’s really real
all that’s known is the reality of real
its presence haunting you

and me too

tend to the pain
plant, water, grow the grain of hurt
nourish and wait
but let’s get something straight
there’s nothing to gain
in my garden of shame
the blame has spread
long gone
can’t retrieve it with a hoe
but in my head
i know
this blame is mine

it has been all along

3 comments:

  1. I love the underlining, the bold, and the italics. It makes the poem fun to read, not to mention the flow. The rhythm is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the whole thing with the dessert metaphor. Amazing. There are so many different meanings behind this. <3 Love.

    ReplyDelete